Sunday, February 14, 2010

Year 2009 review - First post on 14 Februrary.

This will be done in several days and several times. Too lazy to write at once.
Money first - just worked on my accounting tab yesterday.
B. almost strangled me on the neck when we did our accountings together. He screamed "And so you said you started saving". I couldn't blame him, I did waste lots of money in last few months. And last year too.
I bought too many stuffs which I eventually throw them away, give them away, sell them off just to get rid of them, or I just bury them at the bottom of my closet.
In the mean time, I saved a little money, few hundreds bucks haha. And I found out that banking in VN is such a pain in my ass.
CS did cost a significant part of my time and $$. Lucky me, I've found a better way to host people, and still cost efficient. Hope that I still can do it in 2010 in the way both sides can be happy.
I figured I do have a talent to make the cheapest activity to be expensive. For an instance, swimming is cheap. But my bikinis are damn expensive. 300K just for the top. But on a second thought, I think my top deserves a decent bikini haha.
Also, when I look on my numbers and the reasons I spent the money on, I found some odd things, including some people who lied to me. Too bad, some of them I considered them as "friends". C'est lav ie!!!
Lesson leanrt: spend money better and wiser. And find some cheaper hobbies. Almost all of my hobbies are way too expensive for an average Vietnamese: travels, bars, archery, hi-tech stuffs, delicious food.

Career: This year was a very weird, storming and laid back year. For many reasons, including my health, I didn't go any further on my career path. I did get raises - in plural - however, it's not on the track I wanted. I changed projects, just to stumble upon another shitty position which demands lot of effort and the repay is almost zero. How does that sound to you?
Lesson learnt: forget your boss. Work by the payment, do not spend extra effort if you know that your boss would never repay it. Period.

Friendship: What makes me rally happy that I found my old friend back from college - Dang. I did not find him via his email. I was bored and joined the translation for facebook. I was curious enough to look for the top contributor and his name and a tiny avatar showed up. I wasn't sure so I email him, and he replied me back. And that's how we re-connected. And things are just like yesterday, we still talk in the same way we were back then :)

No comments: